- Students’ dress and grooming are expected to be in keeping with accepted community standards.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Students in grades K-2 may wear regular shorts.
- Students in grades 3-12 may wear shorts meeting the following standards:
- Must be loose-fitting; no biking shorts, cutoffs, boxer shorts or combination thereof.
- Must be hemmed or cuffed.
- Length must be to the fingertips or longer.
- Dresses or skirts must be longer than fingertips.
- Tank tops, tube tops, halter type blouses or mesh shirts are not permitted. Sundresses are permitted if modestly cut. Shirts should overlap the waistband of skirts, shorts, or pants.
- Items with provocative, offensive, violent, or drug related pictures or slogans will not be permitted. Items advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will not be permitted.
- No hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, wallet chains, or sunglasses (except school-sponsored spirit days).
- No type of clothing which has been torn or has holes will be allowed.
- No sagging pants or shorts.
- No gang paraphernalia.
- No visible pierced jewelry other than earrings.
Traffic Safety Plan
Parking: Parent Parking is allowed in the north parking lot off Jomar Drive and in front of school on Jackson Drive ONLY. ** Please drive very slowly. ** Do not drop off your child in any parking lot – it is not safe! ** Never park on Jomar drive (between Colchester & Jackson Dr.) as you will block the carpool lane.
Bus and Daycare Drop-off & Pick Up: The south Jackson Drive parking lot is for bus and daycare transportation only. ** No parent parking and no single student drop off.
Crosswalk: Three crosswalks are clearly marked and staffed with crossing guards. For your safety, cross at these locations ONLY.
Carpool: Form a single file line on Jomar Drive to enter the front circle drive. Pull up as far as possible to speed up the process. Have children exit from the right side. Always stay in your car and follow instructions from the staff and Safety Patrol. The Safety Patrol assists children getting out of the car. Always exit the driveway by turning right onto Jackson Drive, a one-way street. Mobile phone usage is not allowed in carpool lane or school zones.
Morning Drop-Off: Make sure your child is ready to leave. They should ONLY exit from the passenger side of the car.
Afternoon Pick-Up: Place a large sign in your front passenger window with student’s name and grade. Stay in your car and pull forward as directed. A staff member will call your child’s name and direct them to your car.
- Do not speed - School zones are 20 miles per hour.
- Watch for bikers and walkers – keep them safe.
- Do not drive aggressively.
- Cross at designated walks with guards ONLY.
· Follow directions of the Safety Patrol and Staff.
- Do not leave your child anywhere except carpool.
- Do not park on Jomar Drive during morning or afternoon drop-off pick-up.
- Lead by example by exercising patience, observing traffic laws and driving the speed limit.